Saturday, October 23, 2010

Web Presentation 2.0

In staying with the guide lines provided by the rubric for critiquing our presentations, I believe that I met all the requirements that were asked of the professor.

I had a logical flow of content in my presentation. I went in sequential order in explaining the points of my presentation.

For all my headings, I phrased the title in somewhat of a question. So, I anticipated what my listener was thinking.

I attempted to grab the readers attention in the first couple slides of the presentation, by providing an interesting and engaging topic with supporting information in each slide.

I avoided invalid claims and double checked my work for errors and unbelievable claims.  I also avoided clutter by keeping slides simple and clear.

To ensure readability, I kept the words on the slide to a minimum and did more talking in each slide explaining my point clearly and effectively.

I first showed the information and then began to go over the information verbally to my audience.

By critiquing my peer's presentation before completing my own gave me a better idea of what was expected from me on this project. I liked looking at my classmates work and using the rubric to analyze their presentation. This process allowed me to have a better understanding when completing my own work.

Upon completion of this project, I learned how to effectively use PowerPoint to my advantage. I had no idea that I could create slides and then add a narration to the slide. This is a very effective way to present an idea in the business world. Especially, with the rise in technology; you never know if a future employer will request a PowerPoint from you via E-mail. If that is ever the case, I know now how to add a narration to make my point explicitly clear.


A link to my Presentation: Web Presentation 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment