Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week4:Muddy

After doing all the required reading on applications, I came across a concept that was still unclear to me at the end of the chapter.

In the objectives at the beginning of the chapter, it stated that upon completion of this section, I should be able to explain what a EULA is and how it works. In doing research on my own, I found a clear and concise definition of what EULA means.

"Short for End-User License Agreement, the type of license used for most software. An EULA is a legal contract between the manufacturer and/or the author and the end user of an application. The EULA details how the software can and cannot be used and any restrictions that the manufacturer imposes."
In doing research, I also learned that, as in typical legal contracts, the EULA protects both parties from liability if the software is used in a way not intended by the manufacturer or author.

I also found that it is extremely critical that consumers read the End-User License Agreement before just clicking through it and agreeing with what is stated.

Take a look at this article "Do you own that software?" It drives home the point of EULA's.

No comments:

Post a Comment